Monday, March 2, 2015

Expectations Shmexpectations

I'm going to preface this by saying that I give every book the benefit of the doubt. With nearly everything I read, I expect it to be good because it's published or because I spent my money on it. This is called trust, folks. I probably have too much of it. (Alright - not going to lie. I hate YA dystopia so I go into it believing that it will be an utter work of failure. Phew. Got that off my chest.)

Lately, I've been consistently disappointed by nearly everything I read. I believe the hype. I rave about how DESPERATELY I need it on my shelves. I research it to the point where I've spoiled myself without actually realizing it. Although, I'll admit sometimes I do that on purpose since I don't handle surprises well. And here, with all this build-up, all I want is one mind-blowing book every few months. Not hard to deliver considering I give so many chances up all the time, you know? Come on, books. I want a good ratio. Maybe every 1 out of 30 is so fantastical that I actually want to shit myself. Is that too much to ask?

I know what you're all saying:

Well, SUCKS because I want amazing ALL THE TIME and I think we can all understand that.


1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry that you've been disappointed lately! Hopefully you will find something to knock your socks off soon!

    On the plus side, I've nominated you for the Liebster Award go here to learn what you have to do http://followtheyellowbookrd.blogspot.com/2015/03/liebster-award-3.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile and if you leave a link to your blog, I'd love to check it out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...