Saturday, August 2, 2014

Stacking the Shelves #10

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by  Tynga's Reviews! This meme showcases the books received, bought, or checked out from the library over the past week.

Sorry I've basically been absent for the past few months. I blame nothing but my laziness. Sometimes these things just can't be controlled. Anyway, I'm back now and I've been active this whole week!

This is one of the bigger hauls that I've done, mostly because I ordered nine books online the other day (six through Book Outlet and three though Thriftbooks). I was having a horrible case of online shopping withdrawal and had to take action. It was the only way. The thing is, I hate having a slim wallet, but I absolutely adore making my wallet slim. By the way, book buying bans don't work. Just saying.

Bought

Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
Fifth Grave Past the Light by Darynda Jones
Gorgeous by Paul Rudnick
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
Twisted Perfection by Abbi Glines
Because of Low by Abbi Glines
Soul Thief by Jana Oliver
Forgiven by Jana Oliver
Foretold by Jana Oliver



12 comments:

  1. Everyone I know loves The Night Circus and yay for Abbi Glines books! Hope you enjoy your haul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got some great books in your haul there.... I really MUST get around to reading Anna Dressed In Blood, I love the sound of it and the cover is just gorgeous!

    Thea @ Gizzimomo's Book Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked Anna Dressed in Blood, haven't read the sequel yet. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that book buying bans don't work at all at least for me. I am always on Book Outlet looking for books to buy. It is one of my favorite websites to buy from. I hope you enjoy all your books! I have always wanted to read the three Jana Oliver books you have.
    -Chioma @ Blue Books and Butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got some great books! Book buying bans tend to work for me, but I do have to make allowances to get new releases that I was excited for. Anna Dressed in Blood is quite good, as are the Abbi Glines books. Because of Low is my favorite in the Sea Breeze series.

    Amber @ The Book Cookies

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, I love making my wallet slim too....don't like it when it's slim without my own doing :D

    My new pretties :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back ;) I am about to start Anna Dressed in Blood. I has been sitting on my shelf for way too long! There are just to many good books, so indeed a ban will never work. I only want to buy more when I am on a ban,haha! Happy reading, Amber!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Night Circus! Love that book, it's gorgeous. Hope you enjoy all these.

    My StS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing haul! I love the Charley Davidson series!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh, I really want to read The Night Circus! It sounds so good, and everyone raves about it! Hope you enjoy them all :)

    Oh- and book buying bans always just make me want to buy more books, like an act of defiance ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome book haul!! i shop on bookoutlet too all the time... actually, most of my money go to them. anna dressed in blood is FANTASTIC. i hope you'll enjoy as much as i did. happy reading :)

    hope you can stop by my StS Post.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhhh, Kendare Blake is one of my favourite authors and is an auto-buy for me now, loved all of hers so far. :) Happy reading!

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile and if you leave a link to your blog, I'd love to check it out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...