Friday, August 15, 2014

Opposition (Lux #5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Rating: 4/5
Katy knows the world changed the night the Luxen came.

She can't believe Daemon welcomed his race or stood by as his kind threatened to obliterate every last human and hybrid on Earth. But the lines between good and bad have blurred, and love has become an emotion that could destroy her—could destroy them all.

Daemon will do anything to save those he loves, even if it means betrayal.

They must team with an unlikely enemy if there is any chance of surviving the invasion. But when it quickly becomes impossible to tell friend from foe, and the world is crumbling around them, they may lose everything— even what they cherish most—to ensure the survival of their friends…and mankind.

War has come to Earth. And no matter the outcome, the future will never be the same for those left standing.


I can't believe it's all over. I'm genuinely having difficulty writing this review because of the shock that I'm experiencing write now. Oh man. I think I'm going to suffer from Daemon withdrawal soon.
Summary:
The newly arrived Luxen land on Earth, killing humans and hybrids left and right. Daemon and Katy fight to find a way to defeat them and still keep the ones they love safe, turning to some very unlikely sources for help. I know this is vague, but I wanted to keep the spoilers to a minimum.

Review:
Of all the books in the series, Opposition is by far the most action-packed one out there. Right from the get-go, JLA gives us immediate drama. It was like, boom boom boom. There were less than a handful of times that Daemon and Katy even sat down and relaxed (that is, unless they were getting their sexy time on, but who's going to complain about that? Certainly not me.).

In all the books that I've ever read, there are very few couples that I've fallen for as hard as I have Katy and Daemon. They completely drew me in from book one and I've been obsessed since. They didn't disappoint in Opposition at all, becoming even stronger characters that I just couldn't help but root for. Katy is probably one of the most relatable characters that I've read about before and there is literally no end to how much I swoon for Daemon. JLA writes their romance so well, as per usual, and the chemistry between them stayed just as strong as it did from day one.

As far as side characters are concerned, I totally love Archer and Luc (By the way, I totally would get behind a spin-off series for Luc.), but for some reason, I just can't make myself like Dee or Beth at all. And Dawson looks like Daemon, so he's good enough for me. Also, the Arum part with Lotho... Am I the only one who thought his trolling was hilarious, if a little bit creepy?

My only issue is that the resolution felt a little too quick and clean. The build up was incredible, heart-pounding and whatnot, but I was expecting something a bit more... explosive, I guess. It just ended so quickly, I almost didn't believe it. That aside, I saw the whole Nancy thing coming as soon as they said she'd gone MIA. But that was just about it to complain about. (Also, I'm not too pleased about that cover. Doesn't compare to Opal, in my opinion.)

Now that that's all said, I can go mourn the loss of one of my favorite series in the comfort of my bed. I'll just go down and lie there in a fetal position until JLA comes out with something new. I feel like my best friend died, no joke.
I'm going to miss this series SOOOOO BADDLYYY. *sobbing in corner*
Rating: 4/5

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read this! I'm so glad you liked it :) I'm seriously in love with this series. Or just, you know, JLA's writing in general...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series as well and I love your review :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile and if you leave a link to your blog, I'd love to check it out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...