Monday, March 24, 2014

THAT COVER THOUGH. (Lux Series: Beginnings)

This is the exhibit.
I don't like change. Especially when I have to look at everyday, staring back at me from my bookshelf mockingly. SO WHY DO BOOK COVER THEMES ALWAYS CHANGE? It's like my ultimate pet peeve when I see these beautiful amazing covers that I worship and then they change to something gross (check out the exhibit).

Now, back to the main issue. I have not hidden my love of the Lux Series on this blog. If anything, I may be a little bit too enthusiastic about how wonderful I believe it is. I will, however, point out that it certainly wasn't the fact that it was about aliens that I picked it up. I saw Pepe Toth's face and I was just like, "I wanna have me some of THAT," so I bought it before finding out it was even about aliens. Yeah, yeah. I judged a book by its cover. Let's be real now - doesn't everyone?

I'm not saying that the Lux Series: Beginnings cover looks bad, because that's not true, but when I put it alongside the old ones, it's not a contest in my mind.

How can I compare this:
With this?
For those of you who don't know, they might be getting rid of all the old Lux covers, so if you want it to be Pepe's face (moonlighting as the magnificent and sexy Daemon Black) staring back at you from your bookshelf, maybe only a little mockingly (since he's so sarcastic), then go out and buy it before they're all gone!

I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I'm really going to miss Pepe and Sztella on this series. I understand the reasoning, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Because I don't. Like, not at all. 

I mean, just look at it. BEAUTIFUL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile and if you leave a link to your blog, I'd love to check it out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...