|Here it is. The pile. That's not even all of it, unfortunately.|
- Popular Books - When I see more than a couple people reading, reviewing, and recommending a single book, I think, "Wow, that's gotten really popular lately. Maybe I should jump on the bandwagon and see what the hype is about." And then I go buy it and cycle repeats itself. I know I should be giving into peer pressure, but I'm genuinely excited for it to! And then that leads to a whole new set of problems, but we'll get to that.
- Book to Movie Adaptations - These little suckers... I CANNOT RESIST YOU. POR QUE? I have this belief that I ABSOLUTELY must read the book first and I end up getting the book long before the movie comes out, not watching the movie, and then finally getting to it months after everyone's done being excited about it!
- My Favorite Store - Bookstores are my weakness. I really don't feel excitement going shopping anywhere else. I mean, clothes are always fun to buy, but they don't give me the kind of joy I do from the bookstores, so naturally, I go there more often. And that leads to buying. And that leads to more books on my TBR pile. And then I feel both ecstatic and depressed AT THE SAME TIME.
- The Excitement Dies - When the book is on the TBR pile for too long, I'll admit that while I was once pumped to get started on it, eventually, I just. Don't. Care. Anymore. Apathy is literally the worst feeling ever, especially to someone with such a strong addiction to the feels. I NEED THE FEELS TO LIVE.
- The Blogging Universe - Regardless of how much I love it, all these bloggers buying new books are giving me the mindset that it's okay for me to do it too, and while some people are fine with it, I think I need a new MO.
There are definitely more, but that's all I can get into for now because really, this could just go on and on. I'm good at making excuses for my book buying sprees. HOWEVER, I am resolving to read at least three books before I buy anything again, just so I can knock some stuff off the pile. Maybe by the end of the year, I'll be able to have only a couple books in the pile and have a happy, healthy relationship with unread books. Do you have problems with this too? Just a leave a comment because I'd love to hear your opinions!