Saturday, December 7, 2013

Stacking the Shelves #8



Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by  Tynga's Reviews! This meme showcases the books received, bought, or checked out from the library over the past week.


I have a problem. When I see books on discount, I can't help but buy them. These are the ones I got over the past few weeks since my last update. I swear, my TBR is getting a little unmanageable at this point. I rarely ever add ebooks to this also, so this isn't even accounting for those.

My library had a book sale yesterday, so naturally, I had to go and buy some of it. I spent $4 on two popular paperbacks and the rest were Amazon, B&N, or were ARCs I was sent. I spent a lot of money on this stuff. I'm actually starting to worry. Though I doubt any efforts to restrain myself will work. Ever.

Bought:

  • Take Me There by Carolee Dean
  • Spark by Brigid Kemmerer
  • Hereafter by Tara Hudson
  • Crave by Melissa Darnell
  • World After by Susan Ee (AHHHH!)
  • Pushed by Corrine Jackson
  • Tandem by Anna Jarzab
  • Eve by Anna Carey
  • The 5th Wave by Rick Yancy
Gift (well, sort of):
  • Uglies by Scott Westerfield
  • Room by Emma Donoghue 
  • Shades of Grey by Jasper Fforde
ARC:
  • The Dark Between by Sonia Gensler
  • Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan

14 comments:

  1. What a great haul :-) I got Eve last week and I'm looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Uglies hope you enjoy that one! ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of these but happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Awesome haul!

    I have The 5th Wave and Eve and they look really good!

    I enjoyed Uglies, it wasn't my favourite, but it was still pretty good!

    Enjoy your new books!

    Kyra @ Blog of a Bookaholic
    My STS Post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uglies and Tendem are such good reads! Two Boys Kissing is a really great one as well. I hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my STS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh The 5th wave was one of my favourites of the year! I really enjoyed Angelfall myself, but I can't even find any World After books in the store. I too have a huge TBR list, but when I see books on the shelf or Edelweiss and NetGalley, I can't help but review it too.
    ------
    Giselle @ Book Nerd Canada
    Stacking the Shelves: Book Nerd Mail #55

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really liked Take Me There. I don't think most people end up loving it, but I do hope you'll enjoy it. The 5th Wave is a great book, and Eve and Hereafter are both nice reads.

    Enjoy the books!
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great haul! I loved Uglies, and I just won a copy of Eve this week. Enjoy them all :) My STS

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a awesome haul, I have that same problem when I see discount books as well. Happy Reading!

    New follower
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh gosh, SUCH an awesome stack there! I want to read The 5th Wave. I have read Uglies, wasn't a favourite, but it was still interesting. Library sales are. the. best. ever. I wish mine would have a sale (or better yet, just give me books because I'm a loyal borrower, or something). XD
    My StS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great update and what a sweet haul! Happy Reading! The Sunday Edition @ Paulette’s Papers And be sure to check out Fill Your Stockings With Books Giveaways this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great haul! You got a lot of great books this week. I really need to start the Angelfall series, keep hearing so many amazing things. I hope you enjoy them all :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile and if you leave a link to your blog, I'd love to check it out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...