Sunday, December 1, 2013

Every Day by David Levithan

Every Day by David Levithan
322 pages
Rating: 4.5/5

There’s never any warning about where it will be or who it will be. A has made peace with that, even established guidelines by which to live: Never get too attached. Avoid being noticed. Do not interfere.

It’s all fine until the morning that A wakes up in the body of Justin and meets Justin’s girlfriend, Rhiannon. From that moment, the rules by which A has been living no longer apply. Because finally A has found someone he wants to be with—day in, day out, day after day.



I was utterly blown away by this book. It's been a while since I read something that really opened my eyes as much as this. It's one of those reads where you sit back in your chair and think, "What am I doing, sitting back in my chair? I should be going out and being nice to people and not judging them because only the inside matters." I know that sounds like I might start singing, "I Love You, You Love Me" from Barney, but it's so much more profound than how I'm explaining it. UGH. Words.

A is this guy who wakes up every single day in a new body. No repeats. No staying. I know I referred to A as a boy, but that's not exactly true. He wakes up in a girl's body just as often as a guy's, but I don't know how else to refer to him without being confusing. He's kind and open-minded like no one I've ever met before and I just want to be as freaking awesome as he is. He falls in love with this chick named Rhiannon, seeing her every single time through new eyes, but his feelings never diminishing.

Their romance is so impossible and from the very beginning, I knew that it was unlikely that they could ever find a way to be together, but I rooted for them anyway because my feels are irrational and torture me often. BUT I SHIP IT SO HARD FOREVER.

The whole concept is amazing and wonderful and profound and just READ IT. I recommend 100% to anyone who knows how to look at letters. Those who are into looking for romance, drama, and a realistic storyline (or as realistic as it can get. I mean, really.), this'll also probably be good for ya'll.

Rating: 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile and if you leave a link to your blog, I'd love to check it out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...