The Liebster Award is basically a way for bloggers with less than 200 followers to get more attention to their blogs, recruit new followers, and connect with more people.
- Link back to the person who nominated you and answer the questions that they've asked
- Nominate 10 other bloggers
- As your nominees 10 questions for them to answer
- Let your nominees know about their award
1) If you had to be one of your favorite characters for a day, who would you be?
I would want to be Anna Whitt from Sweet Evil (because of Kaidan). I would want to be Katy Swartz from Obsidian (because of Daemon). I would want to be Hermione Granger from Harry Potter (because I'd make Draco + Hermione a real thing). I can't choose. It's too hard!
2) Is there a book you thought you would hate, but you loved?
I don't really like reading about the World Wars (unless it's the Holocaust) and I'm not into biographies, but Unbroken is both and I loved it more than most YA books I've read this year. It's in the top 10 for 2013. I recommend it to EVERYONE. It's one of the most inspiring stories I've ever come across.
3) What is the next book you will read?
Maybe The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer? I have a huge TBR pile, and I decide what to read mostly based on how much time I have, what day of the week it is, and what phase of the moon we're in. No, but really, there are a lot of factors. I could easily decide to read Grave Mercy or The Selection instead.
4) Who are your all time favorite female and male protagonists?
For female, I'd have to say Tris from Divergent or Katy from Obsidian. For male, Will Herondale from TID. There are actually many choices for male, but I just picked one at random from the names because I can't make a decision. I LOVE THEM EQUALLY.
5) What is your favorite book that you have read this year?
My favorite discovery for this year is the Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout, and Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins, and Divergent by Veronica Roth, and Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins. I know that's more than one. DEAL WITH IT.
6) Would you like to write a book someday and what would it be about?
I write a book every year for NaNoWriMo. The first one was about Stockholm Syndrome and the second was sort of a paranormal-ish story about a girl who had to move to this house and take care of this guy in order for him to stay alive. It's better than I'm making it sound (at least I hope so!)
7) Who are your least favorite authors or genres?
- James Patterson, because I don't like the way he formats his books. I can't concentrate when the next chapter comes three pages later after the last one.
- Sarah Dessen, because all her books are the same to me. It's about a girl with issues in her life that are totally cliche and she mopes about it until the last page.
- Abbi Glines, but I feel conflicted about her. I partially hate her work, but I partially love it also. It depends on the day. This chick has some good male characters though, very swoon-worthy.
- Alyson Noel, because have you read her books? They're just not good. The protagonist is always whiny and the love interests suck.
8) Why do you love blogging?
When I blog, I can express my love for books much clearer than I can in person. I can't say as much as I'd like, but since most of my friends don't talk about books much anyway, it's more fun to share with other bloggers who are just as passionate as me.
9) Do you get into reading slumps? If so, how often and do you have any tips to get out of them?
I actually don't really get into reading slumps often, but when I do, I just play guitar and feel sad for myself. And then, I go on Goodreads and Amazon and buy more books that have awesome reviews and everything is better. Buying is my tip, but it's a bad one, so don't follow it.
10) What is the largest amount of books that you've read in a month and name that month in which you read that many books?
I don't really keep track for more than a year, but this year, the most was fifteen books in May. Also, I created my blog in that month, so that may have been why I marathon-read.
- The Book Shimmy
- Fangirls Of Fiction
- Boho Book Lover
- Part Of That World
- Natflix & Books
- Pages In Paris
- Bettering Me Up
- Lost In Wonderland
- Merlin's Book Nook
- Reading Is My Treasure
1) What was your favorite series of the past year?
2) Who is your favorite minor character in all the books that you've read?
3) Have you quit a book recently? If so, what was it's name and why'd you quit it?
4) What is the largest amount of books that you've bought at one time?
5) Why did you start blogging?
6) What are some books that you love, but most others don't?
7) Have you ever been ashamed to read a certain book in public? Which one?
8) What are your favorite reading spots?
9) How do you organize your bookshelf?
10) What author would you love to meet? Why?