Saturday, August 31, 2013

Stacking the Shelves #1 (Birthday Edition!)

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by  Tynga's Reviews! This meme showcases the books received, bought, or checked out from the library over the past week. 

I recently celebrated my birthday and since I know that my family is always very unlikely to buy me actual presents (in my family, money is always the way - not that I'm complaining), I went out and got my own presents via Books-A-Million and Amazon because they're amazing. My last haul was horrifically minuscule (ONLY THREE BOOKS!), so I'm making up for it in my August Haul.

Also, I'm writing all this whole post on my new, and lovely, and gorgeous, and splendiferous MACBOOK AIR. I had to practically tie down my hands every time I went to the bookstore so I wouldn't buy out the whole YA section when I was saving up for this vision of beauty that is MY NEW LAPTOP! And all that torturous self control was worth it in the end! Even though I'm still buying a whole lot of books!

Bought:

  • Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
  • The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
  • Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke
  • Insurgent by Veronica Roth
  • Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini
  • Midnight Frost by Jennifer Estep
  • Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin
Won:
  • The Beautiful and the Cursed by Page Morgan
Gift:
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky 
  • No Choirboy: Murder, Violence, and Teenagers on Death Row by Susan Kuklin
  • Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand




5 comments:

  1. Happy late Birthday! You got yourself some great presents :) Ah, I love Under the Never Sky, Starcrossed and Mara Dyer, they're awesome books, hope you enjoy them.

    Eveline's Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. A MacBook is totally worth every penny, even when you want to buy books! haha

    Lovelovelove The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer - it's one of my favorites! And I just recently read Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea and really enjoyed it; the writing was so great.

    Hope you enjoy them all, and Happy (belated) Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy late birthday! And that's an awesome haul! I'm an old GFC follower.
    Check out my STS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday- great haul! New GFC follower :)

    My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I love your blog. I followed you on GFC and bloglovin. Would you follow me back on each? Thanks

    Pat Tierney
    http://www.mrtierneyslibrary.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile and if you leave a link to your blog, I'd love to check it out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...