Wednesday, July 24, 2013

"Waiting on" Wednesday: Cruel Beauty

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly post hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine which showcases books we can’t wait to get our hands on.
What I'm waiting on this week...

Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge

Cruel Beauty
Publication Date: January 28, 2014
Graceling meets Beauty and the Beast in this sweeping fantasy about one girl's journey to fulfill her destiny and the monster who gets in her way-by stealing her heart.

Based on the classic fairy tale Beauty and the Beast, Cruel Beauty is a dazzling love story about our deepest desires and their power to change our destiny.

Since birth, Nyx has been betrothed to the evil ruler of her kingdom-all because of a foolish bargain struck by her father. And since birth, she has been in training to kill him.

With no choice but to fulfill her duty, Nyx resents her family for never trying to save her and hates herself for wanting to escape her fate. Still, on her seventeenth birthday, Nyx abandons everything she's ever known to marry the all-powerful, immortal Ignifex. Her plan? Seduce him, destroy his enchanted castle, and break the nine-hundred-year-old curse he put on her people.

But Ignifex is not at all what Nyx expected. The strangely charming lord beguiles her, and his castle-a shifting maze of magical rooms-enthralls her.

As Nyx searches for a way to free her homeland by uncovering Ignifex's secrets, she finds herself unwillingly drawn to him. Even if she could bring herself to love her sworn enemy, how can she refuse her duty to kill him? With time running out, Nyx must decide what is more important: the future of her kingdom, or the man she was never supposed to love. (via Goodreads)

I'm starting to really get into fairy tale retellings. I think it might start growing into an unhealthy obsession. Well, of course that's going to happen when there are books like this out there, just waiting for me to devour them! The girl sounds so badass! OHGOODNESS. What am going to do with myself with all this waiting ahead of me? I might actually combust! And that cover! I'm literally swooning.

11 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, I want to read this so bad too. I am obsessed with retellings and forbidden romances!

    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds awesome. It's on my TBR list. Can't wait till January. Here is my
    WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! That cover is so gorgeous and it just sounds so amazing. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the name of your blog by the way - no particular reason, just make me chuckle :3 I haven't heard of this before, but dang, I need it! Great pick, new bloglovin' follower

    Check out my WoW here and don't forget to enter my blogaversary giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I soooo want to read this book! I adore the cover, so pretty. :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. An interesting cover and choice.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/07/waiting-on-wednesday_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love fantasy and re-tellings! I'm sooo stoked for this book. Fantastic pick! Can't wait for it to come out.

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore re-tellings! Especially the re-tellings of Beauty and the Beast. Great choice!

    Holly @ Absorbing the Content

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am really eager for this one! I love the cover and re-tellings. Great pick

    My Friends Are Fiction's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG this sounds AWESOME!!!!!!!!! I love love love retellings! And this has mythology in it too!
    Here is my WOW
    http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2013/07/waiting-on-wednesday-wounded-name.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've always been a fan of fairy tale retellings, but that cover is what primarily draws me in. It is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile and if you leave a link to your blog, I'd love to check it out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...