Wednesday, June 26, 2013

"Waiting on" Wednesday: The Truth About You and Me

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly post hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine which showcases books we can’t wait to get our hands on.
What I'm waiting on this week...

The Truth About You and Me
Publication Date: September 8, 2013
The Truth About You and Me by Amanda Grace
Madelyn Hawkins is super smart. At sixteen, she's so gifted that she can attend college through a special program at her high school. On her first day, she meets Bennet. He's cute, funny, and kind. He understands Madelyn and what she's endured - and missed out on - in order to excel academically and please her parents. Now, for the first time in her life, she's falling in love.
There's only one problem. Bennet is Madelyn's college professor, and he thinks she's eighteen - because she hasn't told him the truth.
The story of their forbidden romance is told in letters that Madelyn writes to Bennet - both a heart-searing ode to their ill-fated love and an apology. 

I'm pretty sure the first time I saw this was on NetGalley and I thought, "Oh. It's going to be another one of those books, is it?" But I was somehow drawn in, intrigued. Maybe I'm just a sucker for forbidden romances. Seriously, just toss me the summary for one and I'm convinced I need to read the whole book. The cover's kind of pretty also, right? Kind of subdued and peaceful, but in a good way. The only thing I'm not sure I'll like is that "told in letters" business. I'd prefer dialogue and description. I'm still super excited for this, despite that though! I can't wait!

6 comments:

  1. This book does sound like there could be some excitement with the forbidden romance.
    Here's my WoW pick this week
    http://moniquesmobooks.blogspot.ca/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesday-8-white-princess.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is on my TBR list as well :) Great pick!

    My WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-on-wednesday-4/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that cover looks gorgeous! I actually hadn't heard of this book but I'm definitely exited to read it now! And ooh lala, forbidden romances, my favorites!

    I'm now following you! And thank you for letting me know about my lack of anything to follow from. I have just added a subscription option now at fallingforthebook.blogspot.com

    - Sidra

    ReplyDelete
  4. i cannot wait for this book, this is high on my TBR list :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really good!!

    My WOW- http://angelica-2009.blogspot.com/2013/06/wow-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm actually not a huge fan of the teacher/student forbidden romance. So, I'm not sure I'll pick this one up. But I do hope you enjoy it when you get the chance to read it! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW. :)

    Holly @ Part of that World

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile and if you leave a link to your blog, I'd love to check it out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...