Friday, May 3, 2013

On My Blogging Virginity

I've never done this before. Making this blog was a spur of the moment decision that I made late last night (two or three in the morning, mind you), so I'm not sure how good I'm going to be at it, but I'm confident that it'll sound at least a little literate like the most amazing writer in the entire history of books was bestowing upon you the honor of reading her opinions. You're welcome.

I'll be reviewing books on here mostly, because I've spent so many hours staring at the words on a page and feeling so many feels that my whole body is numb to anything else. Like, if someone chopped off my index finger as I was reading a new book, I'd probably be too busy wondering what will happen next to think about anything as unimportant as a missing appendage. My finger is gone and spouting blood as much as the Trevi Fountain spouts water? Let me finish my book first and then maybe I'll consider worrying about it. Sometimes, when a book gets too intense for me, I'll sit in a corner and write, "ItsjustabookItsjustabookItsjustabook," on a blank sheet of paper until it's full whilst curling into a ball and rocking back and forth, sobbing because I'd prefer not to overreact. I'm a calm person you see. Zen, even.

I might post different stuff too. Like...updates on my life? That is to say, if anything interesting would happen for once. I mean, I know that staying cooped up inside my room reading doesn't give me much opportunity to find adventure, but I must be going to school for a reason. Because let's be real. Does anyone go to school to learn?

I'll try to update once a week. Or maybe a couple times? Or maybe biweekly? Hmmm... I'll try to update in the future, albeit randomly.

I guess I just broke my blogging virginity by writing this. I wonder if anyone will ever read it...

4 comments:

  1. Also still new. Your blog looks great! We have a lot of similar book interests and I'm adding a few I see here to my "to read" list. I followed you. I'm at www.thebooknerd2013.blogspot.com

    Happy blogging!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for looking at my blog!
      I'll check you out too!

      Delete
  2. Hey :)
    I really like your blog so far!
    And yes, someone has read your post ;)
    I am new to blogging, too, but mine din´t turn out so great ( so far :D )
    I´ve got only one little thing to recommend:
    As GFC will shut down in July, you might think about offering the chance to follow via bloglovin, too :)
    Greetings,
    Sanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to connect with other booklovers and I enjoy reading reviews. Part of the fun of following other book bloggers is to look at the creativity they use in showcasing their favorite authors/books. Your blog looks great! I just followed you. YA is not my top interest (I blog about adult fiction most of the time), but I appreciate it every once in a while ( at 41 is not easy to relate with the personality of a teen heroine), and I find it refreshing. If there is a twist of magic, the escape from reality is even more pleasant ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile and if you leave a link to your blog, I'd love to check it out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...